Re: [APD] chelated metals

Stuart, thanks for the reply.

The AquaSafe says: "Substances in tap water that are dangerous to
fish are removed or neutralized. Chlorine is eliminated and heavy
metals such as copper, zinc and iron are neutralized."

Then, under ingredients among other things it says: "chelating
compounds."

So, it sounds like you're right. AFAIK, most iron plant supplements
are chelated anyway, so this product probably isn't "neutralizing"
the iron in a way that makes it unusable by the plants.

Thanks,

Wolf