I find this experiment very interesting and I applaud your efforts.
There are those here with a lot more experience in plant biology than
me, so I'll just tell you what I know about that plant.

Ceratopteris was my first aquarium plant I ever grew when I set up my
first aquarium.  My experience with it was that it grew like a
beautiful weed for 2 weeks and then drained the water column
completely and died.  The plant can either be grown planted or free
stasus.

The most common form is thalictroides but my store sold some unknown
Tropica variety.

One last thing.  This particular plant is an East Asian plant in case
you didn't know.