Re: [APD] Fishless tanks

>something. On the weekend I discovered a red bellied black snake using it as

Why that sounds adorable. You're so lucky. Uh, what's a re... hang on...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-bellied_Black_Snake
"The Red Bellied Black Snake, Pseudechis porphyriacus, is a venomous species
of elapid snake native to eastern Australia. "

Oh.

What's an elapid?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elapid
"The Elapidae, or elapids, are a family of venomous snakes found in tropical
and subtropical regions around the world, including the Indian Ocean and the
Pacific"

"All elapids are venomous and many are potentially deadly. The venoms are
mostly neurotoxic and are considered more dangerous than the mainly
proteolytic viper venoms. Members include the black mamba (Dendroaspis
polylepis), a species many regard as the world's most dangerous snake, the
fierce snake (Oxyuranus microlepidotus), which is the most venomous land
snake, and Hydrophis belcheri, a sea snake and the most toxic venom of all
snakes"

"In the past, many subfamilies were recognized, or have been suggested for
the Elapidae, including the Elapinae, Hydrophiinae (sea snakes), Micrurinae
(coral snakes), Acanthophiinae (Australian elapids) and the Laticaudinae
(sea kraits). Currently, none are universally recognized. There is now good
molecular evidence for reciprocal monophyly of two groups: the African,
Asian and New World Elapinae, and Australasian and marine Hydrophiinae.
Thus, the Australian terrestrial elapids are 'hydrophiines', though not sea
snakes, while it is believed that Laticauda and the 'true sea snakes'
evolved separately from among the Australasian land-snakes. Asian cobras,
coral snakes, and American coral snakes also appear to be monophyletic,
while African cobras do not.[4]"

The Cobra family. Ok I think I see your problem.

I figured I'd throw a feeder guppy in my fishless tanks. I don't think that's
gonna work for you though. And this side of a school of pirahna I'm not sure
what would.

--

  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    / http://new.killi.net
 / \  AND POSTINGS        / http://images.aquaria.net