Re: [APD] UV on a new tank

Hi Dale,
I have not found a UV to be necessary for a healthy planted tank. It may be one of those
items that doesn't hurt, but good results are had with proper water change schedules,
QT of new fish, prudent feedings, etc. Kind of like undergravel heating cables. A nice
thing to have but not absolutely necessary.

I do own a hang on tank UV, and I use it only for the once a year or so outbreaks of
green water that I get. I prefer non-chemical ways of dealing with green water.

Dave