Re: [APD] Brown algae

Lief:
You wrote "I run the bulbs till they go dead or almost dead, I know, but I
have never had any trouble with growth and the blubs last a few years."

I do the same thing. I was talking to someone at the AGA convention a  few
years ago, and he said that the major loss in fluorescents is in the first  six
months, and that after that, the output stays pretty steady at about half  the
original, for a long time.  Rather than replacing after six months, I  just
double up on my old bulbs, and it works pretty well.
Carol   < ' )))><