Re: [APD] Carbo Plus

I posted a cost comparison over a year's time between Carbo Plus and
pressurized CO2 here a few years ago. The pressurized equivalent of
a Carbo Plus unit are a CO2 regulator, CO2 tank, and CO2 reactor. A
pH controller is optional with either setup. The initial costs of a Carbo
Plus unit are less than pressurized CO2, but replacement blocks for
the Carbo Plus are much more expensive than a refill/swap out of a CO2 tank.
I believe the costs equal out after about a year, and after a year you
start saving money with pressurized CO2 vs using Carbo Plus.
Dave