[APD] Black Brush Algae

In a message dated 12/25/2007 12:08:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
aquatic-plants-request at actwin_com writes:

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 19:06:47 -0500
From: "Jerry Smith" <jerrytheplater at hotmail_com>
Subject: Re: [APD] Blackk Algae
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com

Sandy

Do you mean Black Brush Algae- tufts on the margins of leaves, or Blue Green
Algae- a slimy green film on leaves and gravel?

Jerry Smith
Bloomingdale, NJ
I picked up some Bllack Brush Algae in one of my tanks, possibly it hitched a
ride with some plants I bought from That Fish Place last month. It was really
starting to take over before I noticed it.

I have 3 SAE's left from 6 that I bought over 5 years ago. I moved them into
this tank about a week ago, and SHAZAM those guys have been like machines, the
BBA is about 80% gone.I think some time ago someone posted that SAE's only
eat this stuff when they're young but don't believe it. My guys have been
working overtime on this stuff.

Gerry Skau
There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating: people who
know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing.  -- Oscar
Wilde