Re: [APD] GE "Daylight" CF screw-in bulbs?

I used many twisty tubes in their early days in regular aquarium hoods
(when they would fit).

My experience was that their lifetime was pathetic when used in any
position but base down, as in a normal table-lamp socket. YMMV.

In a hood, they blacken early and lose considerable brightness while
still young. The ballasts often died in infancy, too. Maybe they are
better now, but I suspect not.

The shape means an efficient reflector is nearly impossible to design
and keep reasonably compact.

Wright

--
Wright Huntley - 805 Valley West Cir., Bishop CA 93514
whuntley at verizon_net 760 872-3995. Cell 760 937-2276