[APD] Bluefin killi - thread algae eater

You can add Blufin killifish (Lucaina goodei) to the list of fish
that will eat thread algae. I've had this weird bit of the stuff
on one leaf and every day it grows about an inch long then something
cuts it back. Last night dugin a bit of the movie when the tank
was more interesting I watched a male bluefin eat this tufy of algae
back to the quick.

Oh they also eat the legs off ammano shrimp, they're pretty fearless
around them. While it's said small killies and shrimp go good together
I'd be real careful with blufins. If they're this much of a problem
with adult ammanos I suspect they just eat the small shrimp and that
this explains where my CRS went.

  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    / http://new.killi.net
 / \  AND POSTINGS        / http://images.aquaria.net