Re: [APD] Aquarium sand

I think you're looking for plain old silica sand.  Like others said,
try any home hardware or building supply store.  My LFS sells sand
branded with their name, at a significant markup of course.

Not to be anal or anything, but I read that it's a good idea to test
the substrate first in a strong acid to see if there is too much
calcium (It will fizz), which would make the water hard.

Don't forget to buy metal weights because the sand may not be able to
grip the roots.

I've always wanted a sand aquarium with live cultures of tubifex or
blood worms and kuhli loaches.  Now that would be cool.

Moishe