Re: [APD] First Planted Tank: Water Chemistry Problems

To start with you can't put an SAE into a 10 gallon tank.   They get
much too large.  Second an Ocelot sword will also get much too large.  I
had one that took up 1/3 of my 55 gallon tank.  Also some of the plants
in your tank are non-aquatic.  They are going to rot and foul up the water.

Now I know you are not going to want to hear this.  But quit fighting
the water.  If you feel you must do something about the water then use
half RO and half tap.  You also really need to study up on water
chemistry.  Right now you have a toxic soup with what I would guess is a
very high TDS.  And TDS also affect fish.  If you have 2 degrees of KH
then your water is naturally going to have a pH of around  7.4 or so.
The only way you can get the pH lower than that is to add an acid and/or
remove the KH.

Quit paying money to Seachem for products that while they do work are
quite expensive for what they do.  Just use tap water to add in the GH
and KH in the water.  Your Betta and the Cories will tolerate almost any
standard municipal water parameters you find in the US and most of the
rest of the world for that matter.