Re: [APD] Reactive Ballast

S. Hieber wrote:
> It depends on the starting requirments of the intended bulbs and the ballast, not just the general operating requirements.
I was reading a bit into that. There are no capacitors in line with the
circuit. I cracked open the ballast casing which is like a standard
stepdown AC/DC transformer bulky plug type. It appears like a
transformer with a surrounding square of metal, which is not a permanent
magnet, as it has no effect on my CRT. Since it's a 13W bulb, I'm to
understand that the initial spark is possible from the standard 120V
before the reactance kicks in.

Seen here: http://ecwh.yi.org/CFL%20001.jpg

I suppose I could cart it off to a local electrical supply shop for
identification.

- C