From: Chris Hotte <ecwh73 at gmail_com>
To: aquatic plants digest <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 4:21:44 PM
Subject: [APD] Reactive Ballast

I can replace a simple reactive ballast with an electronic ballast of
same output? It's 0.3A / 13W

A friend gave me this lamp to fix:
http://www.ottlite.com/productdetail.asp?product_id=102
The bulb:
http://www.ottlite.com/productdetail.asp?product_number=OLPL13TC  (13 watts)

Can you believe that snake oil site? That lamp cost them $250. I'm too
embarrassed for them to tell them the truth.

I believe the ballast is gone. No hum/heat when it's plugged in. I'm
thinking I can perhaps make a trip to home depot and replace it. If not,
hunt around the net or dissect a working ballast from some cheaper lamp
found at a recycling center or something.

- C