Re: [APD] hydrogen peroxide dosage

Stuart Halliday wrote:
> :-)
> So how do you work that out?

Remember in school when you were asking yourself why you would need
algebra in real life, this is it. :)

I'm assuming since my bottle of peroxide doesn't specify otherwise, that
we are dealing with a weight/volume relationship. We know that the
density of H2O2 is 1460 g/L and water is 1,000 g/L. We know that we have
a 6% solution, so that means we will have 60mg of H2O2, which occupies
41.1 mL (remember the 1460 g/L). That leaves 958.9 mL for water, which
is 1 g/mL. 958.9g + 60g = 1018.9g.

Before I was assuming a weight/weight solution which yields a little higher.