Re: [APD] CO2 takes awhile to make drop checker green

That's about right.

If you keep the CO2 checker stable for a month or so and run a pH monitor,
you'll discover the pH in your tank that correlates with 30 ppm CO2.  Then
you can remove the drop checker from the system.  I've periodically
rechecked mine with the drop checker as water pH can vary with the seasons.
Despite claims to the contrary by advocates of drop checkers, I have found
that dropping the pH of tap water by 1 pH unit does yield 30ppm CO2.  What I
have ended up doing is setting out water overnight, measuring the pH and
setting the monitor to maintain pH at 1 unit below that measurement with
each water change.

Liz

--
Liz