Re: [APD] Fluorescent light fixture

At 12:29 AM 7/25/07 -0500, you wrote:

>>At 08:56 PM 7/24/07 -0500, you wrote:
>>>
>>>Hi. I have a fluorescent light fixture that burned out 3 lamps in a row
>>>as soon as I turned it on. Each lamp was a different brand, so I know
>it
>>>wasn't a case of defective lamps. Is it the starter or the ballast
>>>causing this? Thanks for your help.
>
>>Sounds like a bad ballast. Is it new or did it suddently start doing
>this?
>
>It's about 10 years old. It started doing this after a move by U-Haul
>from Florida to Texas.

Weeeeeeeel... it's either the ballast or the tubes, right? I mean what else
is there?

It's gotta be the ballast. God knows what happened to it, but it is
not unreasonable to have to replace one after 10 years. Annoying
perhaps, but not unreasonable.

--

  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    / http://new.killi.net
 / \  AND POSTINGS        / http://images.aquaria.net