[APD] ADA diffuser and bottle

While we are on the subject of diffusers...2 questions.

My first ADA system 74 bottle emptied and I am having a hard time
throwing it away.  I realize that they were not made to be refilled
but I hate to send it to the dump.  Anyone have a creative idea of
what to do with these things?

Second, my mini diffuser works great but I don't have a bubble
counter installed right now and was wondering what my bubble stream
should look like.  It was a single or double stream for the first
bottle but that seems like too little.  Anyone have a pic or link as
to how it should look?

thanks
mike