Re: [APD] FW shrimp and iodine

At 10:39 AM 5/26/07 -0700, you wrote:
>On 25/05/07, Stuart Halliday <stuart at mytriops_com> wrote:
>> Adding bogwood to a tank helps shrimp of course.
>>
>Why?

On the plus side it promotes the growth of bugs shrimp like to eat.

On the minus side it makes the water acid which is a bih nono for shrimp
who must also have a decent amount of hardness in the water. I'd use a
chunk of coral if I had wood in the tank with shrimpies.

--

  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    / http://new.killi.net
 / \  AND POSTINGS        / http://images.aquaria.net