Re: [APD] Aquarium Ebook website

I believe Jerry Baker wrote this email section below:
> Liz Wilhite wrote:
>> Good book.  Bad way to do business.
>
> DRM is a failed business model in music, movies, and e-books. It begins
> from a fundamentally flawed assumption ... that your customers are
> criminals. Second, it attempts to solve an insolvable cryptographic
> problem, which is where the attacker and intended recipient are the same
> person (kinda like trying invent a way to hide the cookies from
> yourself). It looks like it will soon be a non-existent model in the
> music industry,

Apple is showing the way forward with online selling by getting rid of DRM.

But then I've been buying my online mp3 songs for 10 cents a track for
years... Those of us in the know laugh at these $1+ a track sites.

 > and hopefully the AACS key debacle with HD-DVD will
 > launch the end of it in movies as well.

Nah, Hollywood doesn't know how to deal with the real world...
;-)

--
Stuart Halliday
http://mytriops.com/