[APD] How much light actually gets down here?

Hi everyone,

Anyone know a reliable way to estimate how much of my
65W PCF reaches to the bottom of my 37G? The tank is
22" high and the legs of the light have it sit 1.5"
above the glass lid (which is a necessity because of
two very curious kitties). I tried to sit it flat on
the lid, but the plastic joint got too hot for my
comfort.

Low-light plants grow reasonably well in there, but
I'm considering an upgrade and wondered how much light
would reasonably reach the bottom.

Erin