Re: [APD] Lighting Peroids & Duration

What are the wattages of the bulbs?  If the total is more than about
60-70 watts, you should  be limiting the time that both bulbs are on
to about 8 - 10 hours.  I'm not sure what the difference is between
the "plant specific" and "fish viewing" bulbs, either as to wattage
or color temperature, so I don't know which should be on the
longest.  I do know that algae are not more likely to grow well under
either one.  If you provide the algae with adequate food and CO2, and
stimulate it to start growing by allowing the fertilizer levels in
the tank to fluctuate too much, or allowing the daytime CO2
concentration to vary too much, you will grow algae with any bulb.

Vaughn