Re: [APD] Disposing of Unwanted Fish

S. Hieber wrote:
> It's hard to imagine that any creature could being aware of painfullness without being aware at all.

Whoa. I don't know of any definition of consciousness that is simply
"awareness." As far as I know, consciousness is the awareness of one's
self as a distinct being separate from others and your surroundings. I
don't think that is required to feel pain. However, if your definition
of consciousness is simply being aware of anything, then I would have to
say that even ants are conscious since they are "aware" of things such
as the impending danger of a large foot (as evidenced by their reaction
to it overhead). You can't react to that of which you aren't aware.

--
"He who throws dirt is sure to lose ground."

Jerry Baker