Re: [APD] Eheim Leaks

Plumbers Putty will break down and become useless, too.

-----Original Message-----
From: aquatic-plants-bounces at actwin_com
[mailto:aquatic-plants-bounces at actwin_com] On Behalf Of Judy Tergis
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 7:37 PM
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
Subject: [APD] Eheim Leaks

I learned a lot from this site about my Eheim Professional II 2028.  I
tried Vaseline but am afraid of the decomposition petroleum jelly can
cause on rubber 0-rings so I ended up using plumbers putty to form a
seal where the hoses connect at the top of the unit.  By forming a thin
rope by rolling it between my palms I was able to create a seal that
worked really well.
Judy