I have one that is a 150W or so equivalent over my 20high tank in the kitchen, on from 10am to 9pm, and a tropical water lily bloomed under it.  Was o longer, but had some algae, so I cut the hours back and algae went away.  Before the lily leaves covered the surface, the underwater plants grew very well under it.  Maybe I still have the package.  Let me look and see.  It is in the larger-size clamp-on reflector from HD hanging about 15" above the surface.Nick A> > I've been using them for three months while waiting for my gear to get out of storage. I used reflector domes, screwed in a Y adapter and screwed two bulbs in each dome (4). I forget the watts (23?) but it's the 100W output claim. I come home and the tank is boiling (pearling) the plants grow along the bottom. many green plants have reddish color to leaves. Riccia looks like a mound of diamonds (o2 bubbles just grow all day) My tank is deep, 24". I used the daylghts from Walmart, cheap but I've had a few duds. I h!
 ad a lot of glosso floating and it turned red around the edges. I have a layer of duckweed to soften the light now. I didn't bother with timers because it's only temporary. > If you build an array, polished reflectors, dome or regular,  help greatly and working out a timer sequence will get all the light you need. I don't know what the electric costs work out to but my guess is less. 8x23=184 vs ??> Bruce in NJ