Re: [APD] Otos (Bill)

My decent web reference for the cyanide is WetWebMedia.
http://www.wetwebmedia.com/FWSubWebIndex/otofaqs.htm  The writers at
WetWebMedia usually have pretty good information. I cannot find anything
reliable about other wild freshwater fish and cyanide; only sporadic
message board posts. Hopefully that means it isn't a common practice.

I've always wondered about worms and intestinal parasites in wasting
otos too.  Parasites are reasonably common in wild-caught fish.  Has
anyone tried treating otos for worms or flukes and had a better success
rate keeping them?  I've never had a Q-tank with algae for them to eat
so I haven't ever tried worming them.

--Elaine