Re: [APD] Attaching Java Moss to bogwood

I believe Vaughn Hopkins wrote this email section below:
> Hi Daniel,
> I use rubber bands to attach Java Ferns and anubias to bogwood, and
> they have worked very well.  The only problem I ran into is that the
> roots tend to attach to the rubber band too, making it harder to
> remove the rubber later.  But I haven't seen any indication that the
> rubber does any harm.

I think the trick is to be sure they're in fact just rubber isn't it?

My work uses 'rubber bands' that are suppose to last longer under office
lighting. So obviously has chemicals in it or it's better quality vulcanised
rubber. ;-)

Personally I've only ever used cotton thread to do the securing.

I did find these sites on how the bands are made and what's in them.
http://www.madehow.com/Volume-1/Rubber-Band.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthetic_rubber

--
Stuart Halliday