From: Dennis Dietz <dennisdietz at verizon_net>
To: aquatic plants digest <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2007 9:42:40 AM
Subject: [APD] Aquascaping at the NEC

Hi all,

I just wanted to remind everyone the the annual NEC Convention will be
held March 16-18th, at the Marriott in Farmington, Ct.  Of particular
interest to aquatic gardeners is the AGA discussion on Friday for which
the guest speaker is well known and highly experienced aquarist Scott
Heiber.  The AGA meeting is from 2-4:00pm and there is no cost to attend
this event.  This is certainly something not to miss.

The remaining events on Friday and Saturday require a registration fee
to attend, but the money is certainly worth is as the speakers are
always first class.  This year has aquarium fish related speakers
covering Project Piaba,  Collecting in Uruguay, Discus, Cichlids,
Guppies, Marine Fish, Loricarids and Killiefish.  As a non-fish person I
still find these talks wonderful and highly informative.

Saturday also has two additional attractions for the planted tank
enthusiast.  From 3-4:15pm *Jeff Senske* will present and from
4:15-5:15PM Jeff will conduct an *Aquascaping Demonstration*.  You won't
want to miss this.   On Sunday, there is a huge auction of goods, rare
fish and aquatic plants.  I also *believe* the aquascaped tank Jeff will
setup is to be auctioned!

To find more info about the NEC, directions, official speaker list, etc:
www.northeastcouncil.org

Myself and several other NEAPS members will be there for the entire
Conference.  It is a great experience that you won't want to miss.  It
is also the only event/meeting the will happen for NEAPS members in
March, so get your plant fix in while you can. (April will find us back
at the Lutz in Manchester).

Hope to see you all there!
Dennis Dietz
Pres. NEAPS