Re: [APD] Proper disposal of Aquatic plants and hobbyist, responsibility

I believe Rhonda Wilson wrote this email section below:

> Particularly with the fish a lot of people just don't realize. I've
> talked quite a few well meaning people from dumping fish in local
> waters. I think for the most part it's just that they have no idea, they

Very true.

People also don't know the damage they may be doing in America and Canada
pouring old tank water into their local water.

Walmart and other shops like Petsmart have effectively spread Chytrid Fungus
far and wide because they sell African Clawed Frogs.

Hundreds of people buying Dwarf African Frogs find these frogs die within
2 months because these small frogs get this fungus from the shops tanks
that housed the ACFs which are carriers of the fungus.

Then the water may go on to kill native amphibians.

Big problem me thinks.

Walmart is largely giving up selling aquatic animals.
But the damage is already done.

--
Stuart Halliday
http://theaquariumwiki.com/