Re: [APD] New Madagascar Lace Pics

On Mon Feb 26 12:00 , Stuart Halliday <stuart at stuarthalliday_com> sent:
>I had one that grew a flower and I asked Tropica about propagating it.
>
>They told me it take 4 years for a seed to develop into a bulb.
>:-)
>
>http://www.aqualandpetsplus.com/Plant,%20Aponogeton%20fenestralis.htm
>This site says once it flowers it dies back. Mine certainly did.

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the comments and link.

Yup, doesn't look good for raising seeds in my tank.
Even if I was successful in pollinating the bloom, I don't think I could go four
years without vacuuming the tank to keep it clean. Thanks for the bad news.  ;-)

I'll consider myself lucky that the plant is even alive.

Harry

--
Harry Martin
Casper, WY