Re: [APD] Recommendation on college landscaping books

Greg

Barnes and Noble has 74 used copies of this book and prices start at $1.99
plus postage. The following is a review of the book from a B&N seller:

Annotation
A hands-on guide to growing perennials with an easy-to-use chart of details
on culture, bloom color, and use for over 300 plants. Includes keys for
successful perennial gardening, creating a garden that blooms in all
seasons, turning any property into a living work of art, and more. 81 color
photographs; 58 illustrations.

>From the Publisher
A hands-on guide to growing perennials with an easy-to-use chart of details
on culture, bloom color, and use for over 300 plants. Includes keys for
successful perennial gardening, creating a garden that blooms in all
seasons, turning any property into a living work of art, and more.

>From The Critics
Library Journal
The authors say their book is for American gardeners who want maximum effect
for minimum effort, yet discuss such things as double- and triple-digging
the soil. The reader could glean the information to create a nice perennial
flower garden but not an instant garden. The color photos included with the
review galley are inspirational. Chapters cover design and planning,
maintenance, and major perennial plants. There are some unusual ideas
concerning color, music, and creating a symphony in the garden. There are
lots of charts. A good planting guide, containing all the usual information,
lists plants by genus name with the nice touch of a pronunciation guide.
Recommended for organic gardening collections; landscape artists should also
find it useful. Carole Ledford, Georgia Experiment Station Lib., Experiment

>Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 01:49:15 -0500
>From: "Jerry Smith" <jerrytheplater at hotmail_com>
>Subject: Re: [APD] Recommendation on college landscaping books
>To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
>
>I saw your post and meant to reply sooner, but was delayed. I have a book
>called, "The Perennial Garden- Color Harmonies through the Seasons" written
>by Jeff and Marilyn Cox and published by Rodale Press, Inc. in Emmaus, PA.
>It was published in 1985 with the ISBN of 0-87857-573-1.

Jerry Smith