Re: [APD] Planted Discus Tank using Natural methods?

S. Hieber wrote:
> Animals eat; they poop.

I think this is why I like mailing lists better than forums.
I get to read all the good stuff without hunting for it.

I used to keep discus in a 10 gallon tank with plants. They all got
along just fine, but a 10 gallon tank seemed cruel for some reason.

I eventually graduated to a 55 gallon tank and things got better until a
heater failure raised the temperature enough to boil the plants and the
other fish. The discus loved it. I was not so happy.

My advise is to make sure you have adequate temperature control and
select plants that can take the heat.

Someday, I may try discus again.

Harry

--