Re: [APD] pearling after water changes Vol 2

Why couldn't you "prove" that it is "growth inhibitors" in the water
by collecting the water from a tank with the growth slowed by the
inhibitors and put it in a tank that has been drained, as the
replacement water.  If your "growth inhibitors" exist, wouldn't you
see at least a very much decreased amount of post water change
pearling?  Then, as a control, repeat the test using 3 day after
water change water in place of the "growth inhibitor" water.  That
should give much more post water change pearling.  But, if it is the
exposure to atmospheric CO2 that is the cause of the pearling there
should be little difference in the two test results.  And, if you did
the test again with fresh tap water for the change water, and the
post water change pearling was much greater, it could be argued that
dissolved gases in the tap water was the source of the pearling.

Since I only have one tank, not counting my nano, I can't try this,
but I will gladly be the lead cheer leader for who ever wants to try it.

Vaughn