Re: [APD] Fw: DIY CO2 in a Red Sea Turbo Bio System?

I believe S. Hieber wrote this email section below:
> Tarah, who has some extensive experience with yeast cultures from her
> work, states that sugar is an imcomplete diet for yeast. She actually
> refers to them as "empty calories".

Yes I read all that too from the power point file.

My yeast mixtures last for about 3 weeks.

So is Tarah saying that adding powdered milk, etc. will make it last longer?

He gives reasons for adding this, but not in any detail the benefit.
"but enzyme production can be adversely affected and CO2 production wimpy
and the mixture "short-lived." is a big vague.

I'll give it a go and see if it extends the CO2.

If this actually works then it's an important 'discovery', I for one have
never came across any other method of making co2 with yeast last longer.
:-)

Thanks.

--
Stuart Halliday