Re: [APD] red cherry tankmates

Bruce,

All fish enjoy "soft-shell crab" and that's what they seem to think
molting shrimp are. Provide lots of rocky structure with hidey holes or
other good cover, or they will probably be eaten they first time they
shed their shell.

The Cherries will stay small. Nevertheless, I try to never mix shrimp
species, because you can end up with some strange hybrids and lose the
best qualities of the original species. [To be fair, I mostly just have
the tiny dwarf species, like cherry, crystal, etc.]

Wright

> Message: 6
> Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 16:41:08 +0000
> From: echo172 at comcast_net
> Subject: [APD] red cherry tankmates
> To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
>
> I got some red cherry shrimp. A few amano and rainbow shrimp in there now. I have 9 wanamensis rainbows, less than 2", and they ignore the existing shrimps but it may be due to the shrimp size, 1.5 in. The cherry are very small. Anyone know if the cherry will be hunted as food?
> Thanks,
> Bruce in NJ--

Wright Huntley - Rt. 001 Box K36, Bishop CA 93514 - whuntley at verizon_net  760 937-2276 (cell) 760 872-3995.

http://www.self-gov.org/wspq.html