Re: [APD] Soil in Tanks

On 1/11/07, S. Hieber <shieber at yahoo_com> wrote:

> Aquarium husbandry is not what it's cracked up to be. I've tried and tried
> and can't get my aquaria to reproduce. I have to go out and buy more aquaria
> when I want them :-(

Aquaria are hard to sex and you might have a set of only one sex.  Under
good conditions they reproduce on their own - something I have finally
gotten my husband to understand.  I do not buy them.

It should also be noted that aquaria families should not be split up as this
inhumane practice inhibits their development.  For this reason one should
never get rid of an aquarium.  Once your aquaria reproduce it is your
responsibility to provide for them and keep them happy.  This can become
expensive so prospective caretakers should be warned before bringing home
their first glass (or acrylic)  bundle of joy.

I believe that aquaria may also reproduce via parthenogenesis.  This would
account for how the 2nd aquarium suddenly arrived in my house.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
--
Liz