[APD] Algae & Critters

Wow that's something new I've never heard of. Does the large amount plants keep toxic levels down? thanks again Vaughn

SAE's grow very large for a 20 gallon tank - too large actually, and  their value as algae eaters drops off as they get bigger, so I  wouldn't get those.  I would get about 6 Otocinclus, the Cherry  Shrimp and Amano Shrimp.  I have no experience with the snails so I  have opinion about them.  A well planted tank doesn't need to be  cycled, so there is no good reason to wait much longer to add the  livestock.VaughnOn Jan 8, 2007, at 6:30 PM, Wojciech J. Pilat wrote:> Hello,>>> 20 g-heavily planted> 70 watts-13 hour cycle> Hagen-ladder-Co2> Seachem Flourish Ferts._suggested dosing> 6 diamondback tetras>>  I'm in my 11th day of cycling this new tank and I'm starting to  > notice some> clear algae growing atop of the leaves on many plants. I was  > thinking about purchasing an> algae squad of critters advertised on "azgardens" as a preventative  > strike. For a twenty gallon tank they give you 15 nerite snails, 3  > SAEs,> 4 Otos, 6 Red Cherry Shrimp, and 5 Amano shrimp. Would t!
 hey raise  > the ammonia to toxic levels? Should I wait until> the tank has cycled through in a month?> Thanks.