[APD] Coralife Colormax 20 Watt CF bulb

Hello,

I recently purchased two of thes bulbs from Big Al's online aquarium store

http://www.bigalsonline.com/BigAlsUS/ctl3684/cp18361/si1382996/cl0/coralifeminicompactcolormaxlamp20watt

to fit in my incandescent hood for a 10 gallon planted tank. When I
installed it the light looked absolutely terrible. It had a brownish tint
and looked like it was less powerful two 10 Watt CF "Lights of America" bulb
that I bought from Walmart.

Has anyone else had any experience with these bulbs? If so, are they even
for growing plants? The box did say that they were daylight bulbs. Not sure
why they made the bulb red. How can two 20Watt CF bulbs produce less light
than two 10Watt bulbs?

Thanks.

-Tom