Re: [APD] Lighting for new tank

hhatch at sprynet_com wrote:
> I am setting up a 50 gallon plant tank with pressurized co2. The tank
> dimensions are 36x18x18. I want to run about 2 WPG. I was looking at a 3
> bulb T8 fixture  Is the output of three  25 watt T8 bulbs equivalent to
> three 30 watt T 10 bulbs ? Also should I consider a single 96 watt PC as an
> alternative ?

The 96-watt PC from AHSupply will be better in my opinion. The T8
fixtures will be longer than your tank to accommodate the bulbs which
are exactly the same length as the tank. This may make fitting them
difficult. The PC reflector is so good at reflecting light that it will
add a lot in terms of light over the T8 setup also.

--
"He who throws dirt is sure to lose ground."

Jerry Baker