Re: [APD] eBay Needle valve (S series) take 2

To be more specific -

The valves on ebay use 1/4 inch Swagelok tube fittings.   You need an
"insert" to convert to a hose barb.   Swagelok site is a pain.....but what
you need is like this - the third picture is what you need with an INSERT
with a 1/4 inch OD.

http://www.swagelok.com/downloads/webcatalogs/EN/MS-01-108.PDF

The part numbers are a bit cryptic - and probably by design.  This company
sells through local reps.  Your best bet will be to call your local rep and
ask about what you need.   It is also best not to mix metal types - use
stainless with stainless etc.

The ferrules can be used a few times together after they are "locked" - but
if you ever end up unlocking the two ferrules in a join - you will need to
use new ferrules next time.  Doubt this will happen to you - just a caution.

Companies like this can be daunting to work with if you are a "little guy" -
these things are done to protect their business and prevent copies.

Good luck with your valve.

TerryB