Re: [APD] How to make a good KH reference stock solution for CO2

Greg, it isn't that we need a specific KH as much as it is that we
need a KH that is "pure" coming only from carbonates or bicarbonates,
and with nothing else in the water to affect either KH or pH except
for CO2.  Any buffered solution would not meet that criteria, plus it
would cost 10X or more than a homemade KH solution of any accuracy at
all.

Don't forget the pleasure that comes from playing chemist, too.
Imagine how good it will feel to measure 98.73 grams of something and
know that you have 98.73 grams and not 98.75 grams.  And, if you have
a good graduate for measuring liquid volume, you just look extremely
cool as you hold that up and sight across the scale on the side.
Now, you just need an admiring audience.

I bought my scale on ebay this afternoon - 100 grams +/- .01 grams.
And only $22.90 total (accurate to +/-$.01).  Now to search out a
graduate for measuring a half liter+/-.01ml).  Now, aren't you
anxious to be able to trot out those +/-.01's too?

Vaughn