Re: [APD] How to fight GDA?

Here is what seems to have worked for me to get rid of GDA:
First:  I did the 3 week, ignore the tank, let it grow thru it's life
cycle thing.  Then I wiped down the glass to remove the slimy
remnants of the GDA and did a water change.  Within a week the GDA
was back, but not as heavy as the last time.  So, I got irritated
enough to try an all out war against it.
Again, I let it go thru a 3 week, let it grow thru it's life cycle
thing.  Then I wiped down the glass again, as carefully as I could,
keeping almost all of the wipings out of the water, with the water
drained down about 80%.  I refilled the tank, and drained and
refilled it again.  Added 1.5X dose of after-water-change Excel.
Then I did a 3 day blackout.  After that I drained down the tank
again, wiped down the glass again, cleaned out as much of the stuff
on the substrate as I could, fluffed the plants.  Refilled the tank
and again drained and refilled it - about a 60% drain.  Added 1.5X
dose of after-water-change Excel.  Next day I repeated the double
drain and wipe down and Excel dose.  Then after 2 days I repeated it
again.
It has been about 3 weeks since then and no more GDA!  I do have some
GSA, and am getting some hard to remove green fuzz on the equipment
closest to the water line (closest to the light), as well as on the
shaded leaves of A. reinickii.  But, no GDA.  I have no idea what I
did that was the effective thing.

Vaughn H.