Re: [APD] Where to buy rocks and sand in Mass. (Terry Barber)

S. Hieber wrote:
> Is the traction sand from the beach? Beach sand needs to be very well rinsed. I know in California, beach sand was sometimes used in the cement for concrete footings for homes near the shore built circa 1940s and those footings tend to be awful crumbly now due to the salt in the sand.

Reminds me of something I read about the cement in salt mines using salt
exclusively as the aggregate. No humidity or water in a salt mine to
worry about I suppose, but having cement that would crumble away in the
event of a broken pipe or something would worry me.

Now what does this have to do with plants? Plants don't like salt, and
salt comes from salt mines with salty concrete.

--
Jerry Baker