Re: [APD] How much diffused lighting (PC's) compared to point source lighting (MH) has to do with GDA

I have certainly noticed that GDA grows mostly where the glass gets
the highest amount of light.  And, all algae seem to grow best where
the light is highest.  So, perhaps PC lighting is more of a problem
in causing GDA than MH lights.  However, MH lights, unless in very
good reflectors will illuminate the glass well too, especially in the
lower part of the tank.

Light brings algae.  Too much light brings a lot of algae.  Too much
light means more light than the plants need to grow well.  And, that
can be either too much wattage or too long a photo period.

Vaughn H.