Re: [APD] Algae and Trace Elements

On 12/7/06, Bill <Billinet at comcast_net> wrote:

> Tom said, "I've heard this for years and to date I've never been able to
> induce any algae of any sort using trace elements."
>
> Here's how you do it:  Into a well-planted, stable, fairly heavily stocked
> 20 gallon aquarium, pour about 2 ounces of Flourish.  Wait a day.  The
> water
> will be a lovely shade of green.  Wait a few more days.  It will
> disappear.

No, that doesn't happen to anyone, anywhere because Tom has never had it
happen.

Of course, there are many other variables involved.

> Now coincidence isn't causation, but I just never get green water.  I have
> many other kinds of algae, of course, but never that.  The tank in
> question
> has been clear since that episode.

Until such time as someone runs actual experiments, writes them up in a
journal article that includes proof of the mechanisms of causation, and
publishes the articles in appropriate peer-reviewed journals then all anyone
can talk about is coincidence rather than causation.  Anything less than
that is not authoritative no matter who says it unless it happens to be
written on stone tablets by a divinity.

--
Liz