[APD] plywood under tank?

Hello again,

Thank you to those who chimed in on the filter media question. Now I have
another – how necessary (if at all) do you think it is to put a piece of
plywood under the tank to give it full support? It’s a 29 gallon, on one of
those standard-issue pine cabinets. I’ve never used a support board before,
but I’ve also never done a soil substrate and deep gravel, either. It *will*
be extra heavy, after all, and Walstad recommends it. Not that that makes it
gospel, of course, which is why I’m asking for other opinions.

What do you think?

TIA,

Rebecca