From: Raj <rajendrakumargg at gmail_com>
To: aquatic plants digest <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
Sent: Saturday, December 2, 2006 12:28:02 AM
Subject: Re: [APD] Ballast electronic or magnetic?

>I am curious about the sweeping claim that it will light dead bulbs. What does it mean to say it works on a dead bulb? One with a broken filament? One with a gas leak? One with too little mercury left to vaporise? One that's broken in half or that has bad pins? I guess the better question is, "What are the necessary and sufficient bulb conditions for it to light a bulb?"

        These cold start electronic ballasts will light a tube light that fails to start up with a inductive ballast (goes "blink-blink" :-) ). It works with *some* tubes with blackened ends. As the tube ages further the units consume more electricity.. all other dead tubes will require a divine intervention!

Raj