Re: [APD] canister filter media advice?

When I used a canister filter I never put more than two types of
media in it.  One was biological media, and the other was plain old
filter floss.  The last such filter I used,  Fluval 104, I just left
out one of the baskets.  The earlier one I had was a 304 model, and I
filled two of the baskets with biological media.  But, no one  has
yet convinced me that "biological" media has any real purpose, beyond
what plain old filter floss has.  (Speaking entirely about planted
tanks, not fish only tanks.)

Vaughn H.