[APD] Can't buy plant weights anymore?

I know there's been some discussion about the health risks associated
with lead weights. But I see alternatives online (mag, zinc, etc...)

Today I needed some weights to keep my ADFs from tearing the plants
out while playing. So I tried both Petco and Petsmart (I'll try some
real shops tomorrow) and neither stock them anymore. When I asked the
employees were clueless ... They had no idea why, just that they don't
sell them.

Is this happening all over or just here in CO?

I know I can use other stuff. I've got a bin full of stainless steel
nuts here. But the strips are so darn convenient.

=(

--
Don