Re: [APD] Problems with dupla substrate heater

>From what I've seen so far, you're far from hopeless with electricity. Are
>you sure that your multimeter is set to read resistance? You are correct,
>with the probes not touching anything the reading should be infinity (or
>close enough :)) and with the probes touching it should read a solid zero
>(should be stable). In any case, if you get the same reading in air as
>connected to the two leads of your cable, it appears that you have a break
>somewhere in the cable.

>Eric

I think my multimeter gives a solid "1." as infinify. I'm going to see
if I can get a resistance reading while trying to find the breakpoint
in the cable. Don't worry, I'm not planning to reuse it again ;-).

Now that it happened once, I'm a bit reluctant to replace the cable. I
don't want to tear down my tank again just because the silicone cable
is too fragile for normal use. Maybe I can try to place some sort of a
grid on top of the cable, too make sure I'm not piercing the cable
with a sharp stone or while vacuuming the substrate etc. Is there
anything against using an aluminum grid in the tank? Can it give
poisonous metals into the water or something?

Greets,
Hendra