Re: [APD] Problems with dupla substrate heater

> Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 17:20:19 +0100
> From: "Hendra Nuraeny" <hendra_n at gmail.com>

You should see an AC signal from the transformer.  It sounds OK.

> But my multimeter shows 0.0 ohms (actually it reads 1, but thats what it
 also shows when it's not connected to anything).

Well, showing 0.0 ohms indicates a short circuit and "1" would indicate an
open circuit - two very different things.  If it was a short circuit, the
transformer would blow its fuse when it was connected, so it sounds more
like an open circuit - a break in the cable.

You didn't indicate what the problem was.  No heat?  I would guess a
broken cable.  Is it already installed in the aquarium? Did it ever work?

If you can?t respond today (11/22) I can?t be of much more help - I'll be
away until Dec 4.

George Booth
Ft. Collins, Colorado